Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore FirstLight 130mm Newtonian Telescope
- Generous 130mm aperture showcases galaxies, nebulae and star clusters with its impressive light-gathering capability.
- Fast focal ratio (f/4.6) shortens exposure times for deep sky photography.
- Model comes with a 25mm Plössl eyepiece and a red dot viewfinder to aid in object location.
- Included adapter helps observers use their smart device to capture and share images.
iEXOS-100 PMC-Eight Equatorial Tracker System
- Integrated Explore Scientific PMC-Eight™ system that transcends the industry standard single processor by utilizing eight CPUs that operate independently of one another to focus on defined functions, which results in superior responsiveness, efficiency, reliability and astoundingly fast timing intervals.
- Clutched dual-axis worm gears with quiet precision stepper motor belt drives
- Intuitive ExploreStars app, which is available for Apple, Android and Windows tablets, that makes it simple to operate the GOTO system. Through it, users can quickly align their telescope, navigate the stars and learn specifics about tens of thousands of celestial objects
- Clutched RA and Declination axes are smooth and allow for precise balancing which makes the process of repositioning your telescope efficient
- Polar alignment sight hole through the RA axis and precise altitude control for fast alignment without polar scope.
- Battery pack powering the PMC-Eight™ system uses 8 C batteries and is secured in a bracket on one of the tripod legs when in use
- Two 1 kg counterweights included
- Glow-in-the-dark markings on mount and tripod
|Comes With||Smartphone Adapter
One 25 mm Plössl Eyepiece
Red Dot Viewfinder
|Focal Length||600mm focal length|
|Mirror Coatings||Aluminum with Quartz Overcoat|
|Adapter||40mm draw tube focuser|
|Parabolic primary Mirror Diameter||130mm|
|Eyepiece (Included)||25 mm Plössl|
|Mount head weight||9.45 lbs|
|Tripod weight||5.35 lbs|
|Tripod fully collapsed, no mount head:||25.5”|
|Tripod open, retracted legs, no mount head:||25”|
|Tripod open, retracted legs with the mount head:||38.5” at highest point, 36” to the center of the mounting bracket|
|Tripod open, legs fully extended, no mount head:||42”|
|Tripod open, legs fully extended with the mount head:||45” at highest point|
|Counterweights:||1 kg each|
|Mount weight capacity:||Approx. 9 lbs (equipment weight only),15 lbs Photographic (equipment and counterweights); Approx. 19 lbs Visual (equipment and counterweights)|